Academic year 2017/18
Because I will spend most of the time between October and December 2017 in India and Cameroon, the most current list of seminars will be presented by Lechu Kuczyński here.
SEMINARS ON EVOLUTION, ECOLOGY & BEHAVIOUR (earlier so called ZEBinars) are organized by three units of our faculty: Dept. of Behavioral Ecology, Laboratory of Evolutionary Biology and Laboratory of Evolutionary Ecology.
Seminars are organized typically on Wednesdays (12:15) in room Mała Aula, with some exceptions, from time to time.
Organizers: Tomasz Osiejuk, Jacek Radwan and Lechosław Kuczyński
(132) 25.10.2017 @ 3rd Marcin Antczak Award ceremony and special ornithological lecture by awarded Michal Šulc (Institute if Vertebrate Biology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Brno) (Room: Mała Aula, 12:15-14:00) - Lecture: 'The truth about Cuckoo's nest'
(133) 08.11.2017 @ KARL GRIESHOP (Department of Ecology and Genetic, Uppsala University, Sweden) - Population implications of sexual conflict and sexual selection
(134) 15.11.2017 @ JIM KAUFMAN (Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK) - title will be provided later
(135) 22.11.2017 @ SARA MAGALHAES (Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Environmental Changes, University of Lisbon, Portugal) - Polyandry and host-symbiont conflicts in spider mites
(136) 13.12.2017 @ JUSTYNA WOLIŃSKA (Leibnitz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology, Berlin, Germany) - tParasites promote host diversity and ecosystem stability
(137) 10.01.2018 @ MICHAŁ BOGDZIEWICZ (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland & Ecological and Forestry Application Research Centre, University Autonoma de Barcelona) - Masting in trees: interactive effects of pollination, resources, and weather
(138) 24.01.2018 @ MACIEJ BŁASZAK (Institute of Philosophy, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland) - Predictive mind
(139) 28.02.2018 @ free space
(140) 07.03.2018 @ free space